how to get spectrum data's without playing an audio file?

Wesley J. Miller WMiller at
Tue Oct 25 16:39:32 PDT 2011

On 10/25/11 7:34 PM, "victorvictor" <nadaeck at> wrote:

>I would like to use the spectrum element to get the spectrum data of an
>audio file without playing it. For example, I would like to get the
>data's of every second of a  'flac' file, but as fast as possible, not by
>waiting that the piece is completely played to the end.

Not completely sure about this, but if the spectrum element actually has
to have a sink then try fakesink.  Fakesink should suck your file through
your pipeline at max speed.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.