capturing mjpeg from ip-camera

Hans Maree hans.maree at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 03:54:49 PDT 2011

Thanks for your reaction Mike,

over the last week I did some more experimentation using your debug wrapper
script (which is extremely usefull) and I got it to work:

I found out however that the stream is not exactly one frame per second so I
got some 'drift' in the frame timing. So I decided to use a matroska
container instead since it supports variable frame rate:

I'm sure if this solves the problem completely since I still tell gstreamer
to use a framerate of 1fps, but it does seem to limit the drift to an
exeptable level.

Mike Mitchell wrote:

> For making multiple files as output look into multifilesink.
> http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/How-to-capture-a-still-image-while-previewing-live-video-td3813993.html

I'm not sure this is what I am looking for since it seems that multifilesink
does not create complete video files, but simply cuts the file in several
bits, which makes sense since the matroskamux element is responsible for
creating the file structure. I think that for now I will just restart the
pipeline every ten minutes, changing the location of the filesink every
time. Later I will try for a more elegant solution.

Hans Maree