Mapping the "gst-launch -v playbin2" information messages to discrete pipeline

Icarus Alive icarus.alive at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 05:01:00 PDT 2011

Hi,

Is there a known / deterministic way to convert the information
messages printed on screen, when one launches a pipeline like this --

$ gst-launch -v playbin2 uri="..."

to a pipeline with discrete elements/filter etc. ?

I have an IPcamera output available muxed in asf format, and while I
can get "playbin2" to play it, I am trying to create a pipeline that
instead of playing it, records audio and video into 2 separate files.