New gstreamer user. Live PAD and error handling.

jujubinche jujubinche at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 8 07:38:31 PDT 2011

Hi.
I'm a new user of  the PYGST framework.

I have an application who's using a gstreamer pipeline to record and display
an external device, here a epiphan vga2pci.
So far, all is working perfectly, but i need an error handling in case the
device is disconnected. If i manually disconnect the frame grabber while
recording, the main pipeline don't stop recording, and keep running. This is
what i want on the record front, but the main source is now lost as i can"t
find how to reinit the v4lsrc pad in the running pipeline...

Note:
I tried to play with the disconnected pad, but :

>> GStreamer-CRITICAL **: Failed to deactivate pad v4lsrc0:src, very bad

Thank you for your help.