A question regarding GstRTPBin "autoremove" property.

Sujay Datar sdatar at cisco.com
Mon Sep 12 11:46:57 PDT 2011

I am using GstRTPBin with ³autoremove² property set. When an RTCP BYE is
received for a particular SSRC, free_stream(), method is called by rtpbin to
clean up ptdemux and jitterbuffer in the bin. However the stream count for
the client (client->nstreams) is not decremented and nor is the stream
removed from client->streams list. Also, if a bye was received for the last
and only SSRC belonging to a client,  the client should perhaps be freed and
removed from  rtpbin¹s client list ?
As a result of this I am observing that if a new stream is received with the
same cname, there are some failures where client->nstreams counter is
checked (Eg in gst_rtp_bin_associate()) due to which stale streams are
operated upon, causing some assertion failures.

Looking for some advice as to whether this indeed sounds like a defect or
maybe I have not quite understood how things work in gstrtpbin.

Thank you,
Sujay