rtspsrc takes several minutes to pause/null

android6011 android6011 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:50:21 PDT 2011

I have a pipeline like rtspsrc location=ip:port ! rtph264depay ! matroskamux
! filesink location=t.mkv

When I set the pipeline state to null or paused, it hangs when it tries to
set the state of the rtspsrc to pause/null. I have been able to duplicate
this when just trying to set the rtspsrc elements state to null. Once is do
the change state, it sits there for a few minutes before I get a few
different streamstatus changed messages from various src pads.  Is there any
way to speed this up?