Gstrtpbin/gstrtpsession and it's timeouts

Matthias Dodt MDodt at xion-medical.com
Tue Sep 20 07:54:28 PDT 2011

Hi!

I am facing two problems:

1.
Is there a mechanism to handle timeouts in the gstrtpbin? I tried
different signals (on-ssrc-active, on-timeout, on-bye-timeout). Ideally
i would connect the on-ssrc-active signal for each rtpsession when a new
ssrc is announced:

on_new_ssrc(GstElement *gstrtpbin,guint sessionid,guint ssrc,gpointer
data)
{
	GstElement *rtpsession=0;
	g_signal_emit_by_name(gstrtpbin, "get-internal-session",
sessionid,&rtpsession);
	gulong result =
g_signal_connect(rtpsession,"on-ssrc-active",G_CALLBACK(on_ssrc_active),
this);

Problem: The callbacks never get called (same for on-timeout).

2.
How do I send a "bye" message? I suppose it should work automatically if
an end-of-stream message is sent but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!

Best,

mat