A problem in playing a streamed H264 video over a network

ibrahim suliman iss_kh at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 06:43:28 PDT 2011

Thank you Marc, I am working on your approach and trying to get it working well.

BTW, I am working on doing some action to the stream. I am trying to change these caps while streaming, say we would like to adjust the resolution or the frame rate on the fly. I am doing this by firstly pausing the pipeline then using the following to adjust the caps:
    gst_caps_set_simple (filtercaps, "width", G_TYPE_INT, 352, "height", G_TYPE_INT, 288, "framerate", GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 15, 1, NULL);

 after that, I set the pipeline state to playing state.

the caps (filtercaps) got changed but when I set the state back to playing, it seems that no changes were applied!!!
any suggestions....

Ibra