Fade out plugin

mohid mohideensaad at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 04:09:09 PDT 2011

Hi,

I want to develop a Fade-out plugin for gstreamer. If a stop button is
pressed and the fadeout time is 5 seconds, then the music should continue
streaming for 5s gradually fading out to zero. I have some doubts regarding
that.

1. If I use my fadeout plugin in an application like Amarok, then how can I
find that the stop button is pressed in Amarok GUI inside the fadeout
plugin?

2. Is the fadeout plugin is gstreamer related or application related?

Please help in this regard

Thanks in advance