gStreamer-Sharp - why is AddPad protected?

Robin Tucker r.tucker at thermoteknix.com
Mon Apr 2 06:01:31 PDT 2012

Thanks Seb.  We did this and then realised we don't need to subclass at all.
We thought we had to do it because we couldn't create ghost pads for our
bins, so wanted to add them manually.  Then we discovered that if we link a
tee to the first element of a bin, the software will automatically detect
the bin has no ghost pads and create some itself.

Took us all morning to figure it out :-).

Now we're stuck on pausing a downstream bin whilst keeping the upstream
pipeline playing.  But that is another question for after lunch.

Robin