Error in playing multichannel audio at different instances on am335x evm!!

PragyaRai Pragya.Rai at lnties.com
Tue Apr 3 04:11:16 PDT 2012

I am trying to play 2 channel audio, in which mp3 in one and silence in other channel is being played.

    $ gst-launch \
        interleave name=i ! alsasink
        filesrc location=/home/test1.mp3 \
            ! decodebin ! audioconvert \
            ! audio/x-raw-int,channels=1 ! i. \
        audiotestsrc wave=silence \
            ! decodebin ! audioconvert \
            ! audio/x-raw-int,channels=1 ! volume volume=1.0 ! i.

After 10 sec I want to play silence in first and some mp3 in the second channel.

    $ gst-launch \
        interleave name=i ! alsasink \
        audiotestsrc wave=silence \
            ! decodebin ! audioconvert \
            ! audio/x-raw-int,channels=1 ! i. \
        filesrc location=/home/test2.mp3 \
            ! decodebin ! audioconvert \
            ! audio/x-raw-int,channels=1 ! volume volume=1.0 ! i.

This can be done on PC's side, while playing these pipeline in two different terminals or making one of them run in background. But when I am playing one pipeline on am335x board and trying to play the other one, its something like this:

    Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
    ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
    ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSink:alsasink0: Could not open audio device for playback.
    Device is being used by another application.
    Additional debug info:
    gstalsasink.c(697): gst_alsasink_open (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSink:alsasink0:
    Device 'default' is busy
    Setting pipeline to NULL ...
    Freeing pipeline ...

Can anyone suggest me what to do for the target side since PC side, alsasink is perfect.

Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.