output-selector

Garth Tissington gtissington at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 21:55:42 PDT 2012

Hello,

I've looked through all the references I can find related to
output-selector - including output-selector-tests.c.  I still cannot get it
to work.

I'm using this pipline

*videotestsrc is-live=true num-buffers=30 !*
* ffmpegcolorspace !*
* timeoverlay !*
* ffmpegcolorspace !
output-selector name=os *
* os. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink *
* os.** ! qu*eue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink

after the pipeline is assembled I issue

g_object_get (G_OBJECT (sel), "active-pad", &srcpad1, NULL);

and

gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING);

Everything works fine if I take the output selector out.  However, with the
output-selector there one videosink is displayed but the video is not
updates.  just a static snap shot.  After num-buffers=30 expires the
pipeline end. and the application closes normally.  So, the clock appears
to be running, one frame got through to the sink but no more.

Interestingly if I change num-buffers to 90 then the program hangs and does
not exit after 3 seconds as expected.  Does this mean the queue is full?

Any ideas?

Anyone know a real world example where output-selector is being used.

Thanks,

Garth Tissington
250 891 4797
---

Given sufficient thrust pigs fly just fine.