Audio rate problems

gtissington gtissington at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 03:31:01 PDT 2012

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, it is a test pipeline.  I am very new to gstreamer and I am just trying
to understand how it works.  I've read all the documentation I have found
but I'm afraid I still don't understand the many subtleties.

The pipeline seems self explanatory and yet it doesn't behave as I expected.
So, I asked why and how to fix it.  Of course I have many, many other
unresolved issues with gstreamer but this seemed like the most basic place
to start to understand it.

Ultimately all I'm trying to achieve at the moment is to make a 60 second
test file (5 seconds in the sample pipeline)  with audio and video muxed
together.

Your suggestion of using "gst-launch -e" and ctrl-c.   I guess in a program
I could start a timer and send eos when the interval expires.  It seems sort
of like a hack though.

Anyway,  Thanks very much for the suggestion.  I'll keep plugging away at it
and bring my more "real world" problems to the list-serve when I come across
them.

Garth

videotestsrc num-buffers=150  ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=1920, height=1080 !
   timeoverlay ! videorate ! queue ! xvidenc ! avimux name=mux mux.
      ! filesink sync=true location=new.avi
audiotestsrc num-buffers=150 !
  queue ! audioconvert ! audiorate ! mux.

Mailing List SVR wrote