qtdemux.c(2959) streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated

Sergei Vorobyov sergei.vorobyov at facilitylabs.com
Sat Apr 21 03:23:20 PDT 2012

Greetings!

I am permanently getting the following

!!!Error in element qtdemux1: GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
Debug: ..\..\..\..\..\Source\gst-plugins-good\gst\qtdemux\qtdemux.c(2959):
gst_qtdemux_loop ():
/GstPipeline:main_pipe/GnlComposition:composition/GnlSource:gsrc2/GstPipeline:pipe2/GstDecodeBin2:dec2/GstQTDemux:qtdemux1:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated

when cl.exe-compiling my C-application in Windows (both XP and 7) and
using  the OSSBuild GStreamer v0.10.6 (latest build they have).

In Ubuntu Linux 11.10 with GStreamer 0.10.35-1 exactly the *same*
C-program works just fine.

Basically, my program takes a large number of media files, packs them
in gnlsources (bins):

- for video (.avi, .mp4): filesrc ! decodebin2 ! identity (the latter
is needed to create a ghost src pad since decodebin2 has no static
source pads)

- for static images (.jpg): filesrc ! jpegdec ! imagefreeze

Then all such bins are composed into the gnlcomposition and piped to
ffmpegcolorspace and then to autovideosink.

I iteratively pick (randomly) a gnlsource and play it. In Linux it
works just fine (for many days), but in Windows breaks immediately
with the error above when just playing two .mp4 files. One file plays
OK. I suspect something is wrong with the Windows implementation of
gnlcompositoion (again, Linux version plays any number of files)

There aren't any messages with "qtdemux.c(2959)" on this mailing list,
but there are some (unfortunately with no answers) if you google.

Thanks for any hints!