wavparser not negotiate with my plugin

rajashekar rajashekar.alusa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 07:37:22 PDT 2012

hi all,
i wrote a plugin name my_plugin, it just push the buffer's to soruce pad
whatever it receives on sinkpad.

the capabilities of source pad & sink pad are same, i.e.,
audio/x-raw-int,
signed = true, width = 16, depth = 16, rate = 8000, channels = [ 1, 2] ;

now pipeline is :

gst-launch filesrc location=file.wav ! wavparse ! my_plugin ! alsasink

then it shows error message is

pipeline is prerolling...
error from element Gstpipeline0: /pipeline/gstwavparse : wavparse0 :
internal data flow error
Additional debug info :
gstwavparse.c(2048) : in gst_wavparse_loop : Gstpipeline0:
/pipeline/gstwavparse : wavparse0
streaming task paused, reason not linked (-1)
ERROR : pipeline does not preroll
setting pipeline to null

if i change my plugin rate is 16000, then it is working fine,
what is problem,  can anybody explain please.

Advance Thanks
rajashekar