Could I use fbdevsink as the linux framebuffer video sink?

alison b18965 at freescale.com
Thu Apr 26 19:36:00 PDT 2012

      I want to use gstreamer to play a avi format file on my ARM processor.
The OS is Linux. I have written the framebuffer driver for the LCD
controller and used a simple application to test it already. But when I use
gstreamer to test as below, there are some errors. I am not sure if I can
use "fbdevsink" as the linux framebuffer video sink. Any one could give me
some advice? Thanks.

# gst-launch -v filesrc location="cc.avi" ! decodebin ! fbdevsink

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

(gst-launch-0.10:588): GStreamer-WARNING **: pad fbdevsink0:sink returned
caps w
hich are not a real subset of its template caps

(gst-launch-0.10:588): GStreamer-WARNING **: pad fbdevsink0:sink returned
caps w
hich are not a real subset of its template caps

(gst-launch-0.10:588): GStreamer-WARNING **: pad fbdevsink0:sink returned
caps w
hich are not a real subset of its template caps
^CCaught interrupt --
(gst-launch-0.10:588): GLib-WARNING **: poll(2) failed due to: Unknown error
516
.
handling interrupt.
Interrupt: Stopping pipeline ...
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...