How to hardware accelerate video mixing?

Anirudh anirudh.mathur at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 05:48:03 PDT 2012

My requirement is to use hardware for mixing videos. We can do with videomix
plugin but I want to know is there any ready-to-use plugin which can do the
job.

Also read somewhere there is Pigment library which can hardware accelerate
video mixing but going though code it seems it can only do render using
hardware but not video mixing.

Is there any one who have tried Pigment-gstreamer plugin for doing video
mixing in hardware.