TexyOverlay in Video

charlie at sensoray.com charlie at sensoray.com
Fri Aug 3 10:05:40 PDT 2012

TextOverlay
(http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-textoverlay.html)
should work. Like adding: ! textoverlay text="SampleText" !

So does ClockOverlay/TimeOverlay. Here are two full command examples, as
reference:

$ gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! \
            video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480 ! clockoverlay \
             halign=left valign=toptext=”2012-02-28:” \
             shaded-background=true! autovideosink

$ gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! ffmpegcolorspace !\
            video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480 ! clockoverlay \
             halign=left valign=toptext=”2011-12-08:” \
             shaded-background=true! theoraenc quality=32 ! \
             oggmux ! filesinklocation=./video-ch3.ogg

That had been tested with real capture card, Sensoray Model 811/911
(http://www.sensoray.com/products/811.htm or
http://www.sensoray.com/products/911.htm).

Charlie X. Liu, Ph.D.
Sensoray Company, Inc.

> Hi,
>
>    I'm just trying to do some scrolling text effect on a video frame,
could you give me some advice?just like which plugin I can use(I used
to try the textoverlay,but it didn't seem like to have this
property).