Composite video to .264 using gstreamer issue

kartik natarajan kartik8n8 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 00:21:28 PDT 2012

 Hi,****

   My requirement currently is to get continuous frames from a composite
input and dump it into a .264 file using the gstreamer. I kept the
gst-launch script to a minimum and ran it (see below) and the output was an
error.****

** **

*root at dm365-evm:/home#* gst-launch -v v4l2src always-copy=FALSE
num-buffers=800 in****

put-src=composite ! video/x-raw-yuv, format= *(fourcc)*NV12, width=720,
height=480****

 ! TIVidenc1 codecName=h264enc engineName=codecServer ! filesink
location=/home/****

gr8.264****

*-sh: syntax error: "(" unexpected*

* *

*After a few trials I removed the (fourcc) and tried again. This is what I
got (below)*

** **

*root at dm365-evm:/home#* gst-launch -v v4l2src always-copy=FALSE
num-buffers=800 in****

put-src=composite ! video/x-raw-yuv,format=NV12,width=720,height=480 !
TIVidenc1****

 codecName=h264enc engineName=codecServer ! filesink location=/home/gr8.264*
***

*WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link v4l2src0 to tividenc10***

** **

I believe this is preliminary stuff, but I am following one off examples
from the ti wiki for gstreamer. Any help!****

** **

** **

** **

** **

Thanks & Regards,****

N.Kartik ****

Senior developer  |  Renu Electronics Pvt. Ltd.****

** **

--
Believe in your dreams, they have a strange way of coming true!!!