Regarding rtmpsrc

devendra dhanal devendradhanal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 03:25:22 PDT 2012

Hi ,
I have several doubts and questions as follows .

1) I read the article of compiling the gstreamer programs which uses bad
plugins,  using pkg-config which says the pkg-config have to refer to
"gstreamer-plugins-bad-0.10" but on my system when i reviewed the list of
all known packages to the pkg-config it doesnt show me "
gstreamer-plugins-bad-0.10 " . does this mean tht gstreamer-plugin-bad is
not prperly installed on my machine ?  (when i use bad plugins using
gst-launch the pipeline works fine though )

2) What i want to do is read incoming live rtmp flash stream and seperate
it frame by frame for processing . proces the frame and again generate the
output stream .For all this I am using  ( 1 ) crtmpserver ( 2 )
gstreamer-0.10 ( 3 ) some image processing lib . The problem is i am unable
to catch the incoming stream and process it .
Followin is the flow i expect

 rtmpsrc --- > appsrc --- > appsink --- > rtmpsink

  Client                                                       Server
  ___________                                         _______________
 |  webcam     |                                        |

 |     |             | rtmp://server/folder/stream |

crtmpd           |
gstreamer<-|     |
|      |