gst_pad_set_event_function causes GStreamer-CRITICAL

Duzy Chan geek at duzy.info
Sat Dec 1 11:38:56 PST 2012

Hi, all

I'm writing a Speaker Track plugin, but I'm confronting a strange issue.
Which only causes CRITICAL warnings, the stream playback is fine.

Here is a segment of my code:

static void gst_speaker_track_init (GstSpeakerTrack * filter)
{
  GstPad * sinkpad = gst_element_get_static_pad (GST_ELEMENT (filter),
"sink");
  GstPad * srcpad = gst_element_get_static_pad (GST_ELEMENT (filter),
"src");;
  gst_pad_set_event_function (sinkpad, gst_speaker_track_sink_event);
  gst_pad_set_event_function (srcpad, gst_speaker_track_src_event);
}

And I've confirmed that this line causing the issue:

 gst_pad_set_event_function (sinkpad, gst_speaker_track_sink_event);

When I'm trying to change the event function of the static sink pad, it
causes lots of CRITICAL warnings which look like this:

(speakertrack_test:22165): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion `segment->format == format' failed

(speakertrack_test:22165): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
gst_segment_to_stream_time: assertion `segment->format == format' failed

Here is the link of my code:
https://github.com/duzy/gst-plugins-bad/blob/master/ext/speakertrack/gstspeakertrack.c

Guys, do you have any ideas?

Regards