Is it possible to let gstreamer to detect plugins dynamically

Gywx gywxme at sina.com
Tue Dec 4 07:45:40 PST 2012

Hi All,

Firstly, please do not angry with me if it is a stupid question.  :-P

I am using totem and using gstreamer as it's backends to play vedio and music.
As I know after the application launched, gstreamer will begin to do initialization and load the plugins from the cache automatically.

My question is if gstreamer has the functionality to detect and load new plugin dynamically after the application launched.
If so, how to do this.

Now my application always say "Location not found" after install the additional plugins from online.
I need close the application and restart it. only after that the video play works as expect.

I am using Ubuntu12.04.1(X86) , totem 3.0.1;  gstreamer 0.10

--
-- Bear