Playback problem with _big_buck_bunny H264 .mov

Juraj Holtak juraj.holtak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 14:39:04 PST 2012

Hi,

I am using  GStreamer 1.0.3-1~ubuntu12.04.1~ppa1 from
https://launchpad.net/~gstreamer-developer
and I noticed frameskips visible in playback of Big Buck Bunny h264 .mov
1080p or 480p video from http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/

Same problem occurs when I use gst-launch with playbin or a self crafted
pipeline.

gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=Downloads/big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov
! qtdemux ! avdec_h264  ! xvimagesink

gstreamer 0.10 from Ubuntu 12.04 and vlc 2.0.4 do not have this problem on
same PC. I have tried two different computers though.

Can somebody download the video and try the playback, if he can reproduce
the problem?

thanks,
Juraj