Getting NTP timestamp of RTP data

Ingo Lütkebohle iluetkeb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 12:43:03 PST 2012

Hi,

well, reading RFCs more thoroughly is always a good idea, but this is
really a question on a gstreamer feature, so I don't quite make the
connection of how that answers my question. Maybe I wasn't clear there, so:
Does gstreamer makes the NTP timestamp from the sender reports available
somehow as a property, or caps, or not?

btw, one more addition: My "multiple sources" are different cameras
accessed via RTSP. Last I checked, gstreamer couldn't synchronize across
RTSP sessions, and, anyway, I'm also interested in the absolute time-stamps
for other reasons (our recording period stretches across weeks).

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Marc Leeman <marc.leeman at gmail.com> wrote:

> > for synchronization of RTP streams from multiple sources, I would like to
> > acquire the NTP timestamp of data. However, I have not found an
> attribute on
> > the gstreamer buffers that would tell me this timestamp.
>
> You should read RFC 3550 again in detail.

Ingo Lütkebohle
Bielefeld University
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/~iluetkeb/

PGP Fingerprint 3187 4DEC 47E6 1B1E 6F4F  57D4 CD90 C164 34AD CE5B