Problems building QtGStreamer release build on Windows

Chris Boucher chris at thebouchers.com
Thu Dec 13 04:32:03 PST 2012

Follow up and new problem...

The reason that cmake was ignoring -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release was that
by default it generates Visual Studio project files that don't support
this option. The fix was to add -G "NMake Makefiles" (or "NMake
Makefiles JOM").

Unfortunately, the release DLLs contain incomplete import tables...

For example, the debug build of QtGLib-2.0.dll contains (from dumpbin /imports):

    libgobject-2.0-0.dll
              1003FA08 Import Address Table
              1003F460 Import Name Table
                     0 time date stamp
                     0 Index of first forwarder reference

                   40 g_closure_add_finalize_notifier
                   47 g_closure_new_simple
                   48 g_closure_ref
                   4B g_closure_set_marshal

etc, etc.

But the release build only contains:

    libgobject-2.0-0.dll
              10010208 Import Address Table
              10013870 Import Name Table
                     0 time date stamp
                     0 Index of first forwarder reference

with no function entries (the same goes for libglib-2.0-0.dll).

Has anyone successfully made a release build of QtGStreamer for Windows?

I'm using VS2008 and GStreamer SDK 2012.11.

Thanks,
Chris.