Getting image buffer data from audio file tags.

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 07:33:56 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 15:25 +0000, Nox Deleo wrote:

> Ok, thanks for the clarification. I've just been reading up on appsrc,
> but I can't find any reference to a "push-sample"...every
> documentation source I can find (appsrc plugin docs, appsrc docs in
> base plugins library reference, and tutorials at gstreamer.com) say
> "push-buffer", and push sample gives me "unknown signal name:
> push-sample". Is this a mistake or am I missing something?

"push-buffer" is GStreamer 0.10 API, "push-sample" is the equivalent
GStreamer 1.0 API (since in 1.0 you can't attach caps to buffers any
more, so we needed a helper struct to pass caps alongside a buffer).

GStreamer 0.10 is not maintained any longer. The gstreamer.com website
is not maintained by the GStreamer project.

The official GStreamer website and documentation lives on
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org .

Cheers
 -Tim