ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element "v4l2src".

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 16:02:20 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-06 at 21:45 -0800, gerrad wrote:

Hi,

> i am newbie in gstreamer.  i want to pipe between GRC and gstreamer to play
> file.TS but it didn`t work. This error always appear. i tried to reinstall
> gstreamer many times but the result still the same. i search to download the
> v4l2src but it can`t solve the problem. maybe could you tell me what should
> i do to solve this problem? i really need your help guys :(

v4l2src is part of gst-plugins-good.

Make sure it exists with

 gst-inspect-{0.10|1.0} v4l2src

Make sure it did not get blacklisted for some reason with:

 gst-inspect-{0.10|1.0} -b

Make sure you have the right binary, by looking for a file called
libgstvideo4linux.so usually somewhere in /usr/lib/gstreamer-{0.10|
1.0}/plugins/

Cheers
 -Tim