record issue sound very low

Donny Viszneki donny.viszneki at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 13:35:31 PST 2012

Contrast your two pipelines. What is different about them? Try to do
differential diagnostic between the two pipelines. This is a general
diagnostic technique. Try to test the difference between two scenarios
with as few differences as possible, so that you can isolate the
undesired behavior.

Differences in your pipelines that I notice:

Second pipeline encodes audio (ffenc_ac3,) whereas first pipeline does
not encode audio.

Your audio source (alsasrc) is using a different parameter:
 - pipeline 1: device="alsa_input.usb-Samson_Technologies_Samson_UB1-00-UB1.analog-stereo"
 - pipeline 2: device="alsa_input.usb-Samson_Technologies_Samson_UB1-00-UB1"

Another observation I would like to make is that I think ffenc_ac3
does not output mp3, though the fact that you can play your
"audio.mp3" file afterwards suggests to me that your player isn't
having a problem with this.

First thing I would look at is the alsasrc "device" parameter.

http://codebad.com/