text overlay

rossana guerra.rossana at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 22:22:35 PST 2012

Hello, maybe my response it's a bit later. Here is the pipeline I did for avi
files with subtitles

textoverlay --- ffmpeg-colorspace --videoscale --- autovideosink

                          decodebin2 ---  queue --- audioconvert
--audioresample -- alsasink
(.avi)                 |
filescr -- avidemux

                        decodebin2 --- queue --- textoverlay.video-sink

(.srt)
filescr --- parse ---textoverlay.text-sink

You must be aware of the dynamic pad linking issues for, such, avidemux-
decodebin, or decodebin-queue.

Hope it helps. Cheers

Rossana