Timing out problem with souphttpsrc

Ian Daley ian at nian.com.au
Mon Feb 27 01:57:49 PST 2012

Hi Nicola,

The audio reliably comes in for 5 minutes, and you can hear it on the
playback right up to the point where the stream just seems to break. My
thoughts are perhaps the pipe isn't clearing fast enough and the buffers
are filling them up... eventually to the point where the system halts
the input. Unfortunately, once this happens it seems to disconnect
itself from the pipe.

I'm not sure it's a bug in so much as when I say reliably 5 minutes, I
mean *very* reliably.

I will do further testing tonight to see if I can get to the bottom of
the issue. If it is a case of filling up... I have to try and work out
if it's an internal queue filling or an external problem.

Kind Regards

Ian