Trying to get gstreamer syntax correct for mp4 or avi files

Rick T ratulloch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:27:15 PST 2012

Greetings All

I have the syntax below that will show the video of my webcam on the screen
and encode the video to an ogv file.
What I would like to do is show the video on the screen but change it from
an ogv file to an mp4 or avi file with audio being recorded also can
someone assist me on this.

Thanks

gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src !
'video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1' ! \
timeoverlay halignment=right valignment=bottom shaded-background=true ! \
clockoverlay halignment=left valignment=bottom text="M/D/Y:"
shaded-background=true time-format="%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S" ! \
tee name=t_vid ! queue ! xvimagesink sync=false t_vid. ! queue ! videorate
! \
'video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=30/1' ! theoraenc ! queue ! oggmux ! \
filesink location=testogg.ogv