rgvolume is not adjusting volume?
cy at verge.info.tm
Thu Jan 5 02:54:34 PST 2012
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
OK think I got it. If you call gst_pad_send_event the moment that pad
has been activated, on rgvolume's "sink" pad, then rgvolume will adjust
the volume. And conveniently there is a
gst_pad_set_activatepush_function to do just that. It doesn't take a
"user data" parameter though. :/ Also I'm not sure if the default value
of the function is important, but it's easy enough to extract the
function pointer and call it inside my own override.
1) use rganalysis and watch the bus for the peak/gain/level tags
2) save them somewhere in a database or something per track/album
3) when playing the song, handle the activate push function on rgvolume's "sink"
4) in that handler, supply the tags rganalysis put out via gst_pad_send_event.
5) You can actually hear your quiet songs again!
It still doesn't seem to be damping loud songs... -5.9 dB gain at 0.1
peak was almost unnoticable. Or is damping greater at peaks closer to
1? I don't actually have very many loud songs heh...
Well, if I can figure anything out I'm doing wrong I'll continue to
post. Thanks for nothing and I hope this helps!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the gstreamer-devel