not well linked : avidemux - decodebin - queue

Nicolai Hess nicolaihess at web.de
Thu Jan 5 12:57:44 PST 2012

2012/1/5 Rossana Guerra <guerra.rossana at gmail.com>

> Hi I am trying to play an avi file, for some reasons I don't want to do it
> with a playbin.
> The fact is I had an avidemux and a mad decoder but not every avi file can
> play. Then I replaced it for the following pipeline, to get the most codecs.
>
>                                 decodebin ----- queue ------ audioconvert
> ---- audioresample ------ autoaudiosink
> filescr --- avidemux ---
>                                 decodebin ----- queue ------
> ffmpegcolorspace ----- videoscale ----autovideosink
>

> I tryed to link avidemux - decodebin with on-pad event, and decodebin -
> queue as well. It didn't work.
>
> I tryed to link avidemux - decodebin with the following code, but it
> didn't work either.
>
> // demuxer avidemux's name
> // decvd a decodebin name for video, decad a decodebin name for audio.
>
> GstPad *targetsrc = gst_element_get_pad(demuxer, "video_%02");
>
> GstPad *targetsrc2 = gst_element_get_pad(demuxer, "audio_%02");
>
> GstPad *padV = gst_element_get_static_pad(decvd,"sink");
>
> GstPad *padA = gst_element_get_static_pad(decad,"sink");
>
> gst_pad_link (targetsrc,padV);
> gst_pad_link (targetsrc2,padA);
>
> Any suggestion? Thanks a lot.
>
> Rossana

I think this is the same error I wrote about in
your last program. You can not get the srcpads from the
avidemux, as they are dynamic pads.
At this point, the demuxer can not know if there are audio and/or
video streams at all.
You have to create a pad-added callback for the demuxer as well.

nicolai