Waveform render ?

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Fri Jan 6 12:17:03 PST 2012

If you want to render data with matplotlib or any external app, you can
simply generate the data samples with a command line (RMS for the left
channel here, with a 10ms sample width):

gst-launch  -m uridecodebin name=decoder uri=file:///tmp/video.avi ! \
audioconvert ! level name=level interval=10000 ! fakesink | \
perl -lne 'print $1 if /rms.+?{\s+(-?\d+\.?\d*)/'

Olivier