Passing data between registered typefind function and _init() function

Parth Mehta parthmehta209 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 01:36:12 PST 2012

Hi All,

I am writing a decoder plugin to support multiple codecs which I want to be
picked up by playbin2 over the other available decoders when a supported
stream is being played. The plugin can support only one codec type in one
instance. For this purpose I want to find out the codec type of the stream
before I call the base_init, class_init, _init functions in the plugin so
that I could .

To find the stream type before the plugin is initialized I have registered
my own typefind function which checks the stream for FOURCC codes. I need
to pass this information to the plugin structure before the _init()
function is called. Is there some mechanism to do so?

I want to pass data between my registered typefind function and the _init()
function of the plugin

Thanking you,
Parth Mehta