Encoding quicktime player

mattes effemm at mykmk.com
Tue Jan 24 16:09:48 PST 2012

I tried now for several days with to generate a movie clip
that I can play it back with Quicktime Player.

No success so far.
For video the screen is either black or 'garbled with colored stripes"
Audio though is fine (I am using AAC/faac codec)

All recorded media though plays back Audio and Video with vlc or mplayer.
But not with Quicktime player!

I tried H263, H264 and mp4 codec. no luck.
Is there a special codec available for Quicktime format?
Or I am just missing some critical parameter in my gst-launch pipeline
to make it compatible with Quicktime?

I have some sample recording (which play ok) and there seems to be using
  MPEG-4 Adv Simple at L5 and MPEG-4 Simple @ L3 codec.

How would I create such with gstreamer?

thanx in advance. any help or pointer are appreciated.

mattes