gst-launch filesrc location=http://

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 02:28:35 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 02:06 -0700, agaves wrote:

Hi,

> I started with GStreamer, I would like to display a jpg image of a network
> link.
>
> The command "gst-launch filesrc location = / home / testj.jpg! Jpegdec!
> Freeze! Ffmpegcolorspace! Fbdevsink 2> / dev / null"  work fine.
>
> The command "curl-o / home / testj.jpg http://192.168.1.188/testj.jpg" work
> fine
>
> But the command "gst-launch filesrc location =
> http://192.168.1.188/testj.jpg! Jpegdec! Freeze! Ffmpegcolorspace! Fbdevsink
> 2> / dev / null"
>
> Me back: "root @ dev :/ phyCARD gst-launch filesrc location =
> http://192.168.1.188/testj.jpg! J
> pegdec! Freeze! ffmpegcolorspace! fbdevsink 2> / dev / null
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> ERROR: from element / GstPipeline: pipeline0/GstFileSrc: filesrc0: Resource
> not found.
> Additional debug info:
> gstfilesrc.c (1055): gst_file_src_start (): / GstPipeline:
> pipeline0/GstFileSrc: filesrc0:
> No such file "http://192.168.1.188/testj.jpg"
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> Freeing pipeline ...
>
> I dont understand why ?

filesrc is for local files on the file system. You need to use an http
source element to read data from an http server.

Try:

  gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc location=http://.... ! ...

or just

  gst-launch-0.10 http://.... ! ...

(which will make gst-launch-0.10 pick an element that can handle http
automatically)

Cheers
 Tim