Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 07:04:34 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 19:17 +0530, kalyan chowdary wrote:

Hi,

In future you might want to consider using an actual subject line that
describes your question/problem, so people interested in that area can
spot it right away. Mails with empty subject often get ignored or sorted
to /dev/null.

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM, kalyan chowdary
> <kalyanc007 at gmail.com> wrote:

>         I have written parser kind of plugin(aacparser) in which I
>         have parsed the header name.And I linked it to the decoder
>         plugin.

Out of curiosity - why have you written another aacparser in addition to
the existing aacparse? What does it do that aacparse doesn't do?

>         My question is how to get the profile name in gstreamer
>         application.Based on that I have to link my parser to decoder.
>         Ex:
>         filesrc ! parser ! faad ! alsasink
>               filesrc ! parser ! MyDecoder ! alsasink
>
> If I set it as property in my parser plugin,will I be able to
> read it from gstreamer application?

You can put the profile/level into the caps, as aacparse does. The
application can then either query the caps after the pipeline is
prerolled, or it could use

  g_signal_connect(pipeline, "deep-notify::caps" ...)

to get notified of caps changes on pads (this will be called from a
streaming thread then usually).

If it's just between your element and your application, you could also
post a custom element message with the information you want the app to
know. It will then get the element message on the GstBus.

Cheers
 -Tim