current-level-time property of GstQueue plugin

Vijay Vikram vikram.kvijay at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 05:43:05 PDT 2012

Hi Folks,

I am working on a bin which has a ‘souphttpsrc’ and ‘queue’ as children. I
am

connecting this bin in the following pipeline to play an avi file with xvid
encoding.

gst-launch httpplugin location=http://…/sample.avi ! avidemux name=avd
avd.video_00 ! xviddec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink

The pipeline works fine and the application shows the video.

Now I want to know the amount of data present in the queue at any point
during playback in terms of ns. I checked the queue properties and found
that there is a property ‘*current-level-time*’ which should give *current
amount of data in the queue (in ns)*. But it gives me some unexpected value
(18446744073709551615)

But if try to get ‘*current-level-bytes*’ property value, I am able to get
values properly.

*Now my query is*

Is there some property that I need to set for the queue to give correct
value in terms of time?

 Regards,
Vikram