Gstreamer-VAAPI and Totem

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 10:41:38 PDT 2012

Le mercredi 06 juin 2012 à 18:30 +0100, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
> > Bastien, any input where I can follow the issue? Even better, any chance
> > of seeing Totem working with VA-API backported to 3.4 so that I don't
> > have to get all the 3.5.* libraries? :)
>
> Totem 3.5 makes use of autocluttersink, which rely on bug fixes in
> clutter-gst. If you update those two, it might be enough.

autocluttersink has never been tested along with gstreamer-vaapi (this
arrived after my work). Instead of wrapping an X windows into a some DRI
pixbuf, cluttersink (not autocluttersink) uses an new API in gstreamer
that let it use the GstBuffer as textures that are directly rendered
into the clutter scene.

I do think this approach is more efficient then the autocluttersink one,
and that fluendo could have implemented the GstVideoBuffer interface for
the VA buffer rather then using this. It's a bit of a design war, my
apology if this creates flames.

cheers,
Nicolas