Gstreamer-VAAPI and Totem

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Wed Jun 6 10:46:22 PDT 2012

On 06/06/2012 07:33 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:

>>> Ok, that saves me from a bit of compiling. Totem master requires GTK 3.5.2,
>>> which means diving into jhbuild or going the gnome git way.
>>>
>>> Bastien, any input where I can follow the issue? Even better, any chance of
>>> seeing Totem working with VA-API backported to 3.4 so that I don't have to
>>> get all the 3.5.* libraries? :)
>>
>> is there any good reason of 3.5?
>
> 3.5 of what? Of Totem? It's where we use autocluttersink. Why is it not
> in 3.4? Because autocluttersink was broken.

no i mean why gst-vvapi requires gtk and glib 3.5 or do i misunderstood it?
rhel/centos-6.2 still has gtk2-2.18.9 and glib2-2.22.5-6. if gst-vvapi
requires much newer version the it needs to rebuild to whole OS to make
it work. and if it's not possible to only update part of the whole os
thne no one can use it until rehl/centos-7 which is about 5 years from
now:-(