Gstreamer-VAAPI and Totem

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 13:57:02 PDT 2012

Le mardi 12 juin 2012 à 19:37 +0100, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
> In 3.4, we just use cluttersink. Does gstreamer-vaapi work with
> cluttersink?

I dig a bit this one myself. Using stock vaapi driver on Fedora 17
crashed, just as a note. I compiled them from sources.

Then I found that the basic playbin2 does not work anymore, while
manually building the pipeline do. Digging more, I found that some code
in playbin2 have changed, it select the decoder, which output
video/x-surface, and try to find a decoder for that and error-out before
there is none. The next element being a sink. Looks like there is a
regression.

cheers,
Nicolas