Gstreamer-VAAPI and Totem

Holger Kaelberer hk at getslash.de
Wed Jun 13 06:03:31 PDT 2012

Hi

On 06/12/2012 08:44 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:

>> Hm, works for me with:
>> gconftool-2  -s /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/videosink vaapisink --type=string
>
> That will only work with Totem 3.0 and earlier though.

Yes indeed, I tested with:

totem 3.0.1
gstreamer + plugins: git 0.10 2 weeks old
gst-vaapi: git HEAD of my own clone on gitorious

For vaapisink from upstream (Gwenole's) to work correctly with foreign X windows (XOverlay) one
needs git HEAD or at least the commits
http://gitorious.org/vaapi/gstreamer-vaapi/commit/bd08610e0774b223888574f41f24a1315199dc53
http://gitorious.org/vaapi/gstreamer-vaapi/commit/c37c9ca6cfa85e249209924e6a2b405dbd9db54d

>> You can also try snappy (git://git.gnome.org/snappy), works nicely together with clustter-gst (and
>> gst-vaapi) out-of-the-box ;-)
>
> I see no reason that Totem wouldn't work in the same way (apart from the
> use of ffmpegcolorspace in 3.2 and 3.4).

With totem 3.0.1 and
gconftool-2  -s /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/videosink cluttersink --type=string
I find totem opening a new window for the video texture. But vaapidecode is autoplugged correctly.

Holger