Gstreamer SDK + x264enc

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 07:01:27 PDT 2012

2012/6/13 Angel Martin <amartin at vicomtech.org>

> Dear all,
>
> I want to update those Gstreamer developments on top of OSSBUILD to
> Gstreamer SDK.
>
> And I was wondering how to add x264enc plugin to the Amazon 2012.5 release.
>
> Could anybody provide some clue about that?

Hi Angel,

The first version of the SDK is focused on multimedia playback, and for
this reason we haven't included yet many of the encoding plugins. Some of
them are already there like the VP8 and Theora encoders, but just because
the encoder and the decoder are part of the same plugin. For this same
reason the SDK doesn't include yet GNonlin.

I case you wanted to add the x264enc plugin you will need to:
 1) Build libx264
 2) Rebuild gst-plugins-ugly enabling the x264enc

For this you could use cerbero, the build system used to build and package
the SDK[1]. Follow the instructions in the README file to setup your build
environment on Windows. Then add a new recipe for libx264[2] and rebuild
gst-plugins-ugly enabling the x264 encoder plugin.

Cheers,
Andoni

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer-sdk/cerbero/
[2]