Text test source element

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Thu Jun 14 12:37:15 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM, iron_guitarist1987
<jtrinidadperez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for being so naive, but I am still new to gstreamer, and the
> development guide isn't as thorough as I would like it to be.

True, it could use improvement. You also need to set the caps on the
buffer, and it's better style to
use the GST_BUFFER_* macros instead of accessing members directly. I'm
not familiar with the georeg element, so I don't know what it's doing,
the problem could lie with either element. I just noticed you have the
type MACRO incorrectly set to be the audiotestsrc. Is this supposed to
be a live source? I suggest you spend a day or two thoroughly reading
the existing docs (PWG from beginning to end, then API docs of
GstBaseSrc, Element, Buffer, etc.) and look at existing plugins.

-Josh