How to Decode one frame of video, from a .264 file?

vivekr vivekramakrishnan at iitb.ac.in
Thu Jun 14 02:40:25 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am using appsrc to feed one frame of video which is being received through
TCP socket,
If the source would have been reading the file, how does the destination
with the decoder for H.264 be aware that the incoming data is a NAL unit
(PPS/ SPS information) or a video frames data,
or do we need to take care of this before populating the appsrc buffer.
Also, I am unable to get the instance of the renderer (internal renderer )
that GStreamer creates, when we
use a dshowimagesink; as the video sink element.

Kindly throw some light on this.

Regards,

Vivek Ramakrishnan