socket(): Address family not supported by protocol, Raspberry PI

pauly24 paul.gangemi86 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 10:31:01 PDT 2012

I have installed GStreamer on my Raspberry PI.
I am trying to get it working through the use of using gst-launch.

When I type
$gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="a.mp3" ! decodebin ! alsasink
I get it saying it
cannot open the audio device for playback
so I then try
$gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="a.mp3" ! decodebin ! autoaudiosink
and I get
socket(): Address family not supported by protocol

Cany anyone help?

My ultimate goal once I get the basics working is to implement the hardware
acceleration.