GStreamer and Rasperry PI

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 02:01:19 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 1:06 AM, pauly24 <paul.gangemi86 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have gotten GStreamer working on the Raspberry PI as is (Basic install no
> hardware accel plugins)
>
> I've spent the last week trying to get
> git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/user/gkiagia/gst-omx0.10-debian.git
>
> working with it so I can use the broadcom GPU chip on the raspberry.
>
> But I'm having absolutely on luck at all getting this plug in to work, has
> anyone done this or can give me some tips?
> Once I install gst-omx it just stays in my blacklisted plugins.

If you are not making debian packages, it would be better to try the
"raspberry" branch from the official gst-omx repo. If you use the
packaging repository, you either need to build a proper debian package
or at least apply the patches and install the required gstomx.conf to
/etc/xdg/. If you use the official repo, you also need to copy
gstomx-raspberry.conf manually to /etc/xdg/gstomx.conf. When in
trouble, remove the registry (rm -rf ~/.gstreamer-0.10) and try again.

Regards,
George