Grsecurity/PAX and gstreamer/ORC

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 10:20:52 PDT 2012

> Perhaps ORC_CODE=backup is better in that case?

If you can would you be good enough to explain the difference between
emulate and backup. A source code search hasn't turned up much yet.

> Can't you add an SELinux exception/rule ?

I can add PAX marking to disable mprotect but I don't see the point
when all I want is some audio playing. Lots of things break like
firefox, chrome xfcemixer but I haven't found anything without an
alternative such as Opera, gnome alsa mixer that works with the
mprotection restrictions in place.

Thanks Kc