Fluendo decoder and OpenGl rendering

Julien Moutte julien at fluendo.com
Thu Jun 21 02:49:44 PDT 2012

Hi Leo,

fluvadec is pushing out buffers of a specific type that the usual GStreamer
elements won't understand.

There are 3 ways to render them :

1) Use fluvasink to render them in an XWindow
2) Use fluvaclutsink to render them in a Clutter Texture
3) Obtain the Fluendo VA SDK which will provide you with a library, headers
and a template sink element to handle those buffers and render them in your
OpenGL application by calling the proper API for OpenGL bridging (VAAPI,
XVBA, VDPAU).

Best regards,

*Julien MOUTTE*
C.T.O.

FLUENDO Influencing the Multimedia World

San Francisco, USA & Barcelona, SPAIN
Contact phone:
Spain:  +34 933 175 153
United States: +1 415 773 5353